Do you feel that your data entry person, office manager, administrative assistant, bookkeeper, or accountant didn’t enter your financial data correctly for you or correctly manage your books or financial records?
Do your financial records or Excel reports say that you aren’t making money but you have money in your bank accounts and a healthy cash flow?
Have you thought about turning over the sod and getting your business financial records (in Windows or Mac) organized for last year’s taxes or this year’s? Do you lie awake at night counting dancing sheep instead of dollars while wondering where all your money went?
Do you wish you could have a better understanding of what all those $, and numbers really mean in your software program’s reports? Or how to use the program better? Would you like to be able to push a button on your screen and get a report on how much profit and loss your company made this month, quarter, or year to date or where your business stands?
Would you like to stop keeping track of your receipts in a file drawer or shoe box?
Do you feel that you are paying your accountant or bookkeeper too much due to your lack of financial management or office organization? Work that you or your less expensive employees should be doing instead of you?
Do you wish someone could give you a few tips based on their experience as an office manager and Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor with additional certification in Intuit’s QuickBooks Online, Point of Sale, and Enterprise programs so you can can make QuickBooks (not Quick Books) or Quicken including Home and Business or Premier work for you, instead of the other way around?
I make house calls (my rates are at the bottom of this post) to work with small businesses including start-ups (those angel investors expect accurate books, why not deliver them?) that want financial management (not manglement) to keep track of their business finances and who want to learn how to use their bookkeeping software effectively to save time (and hair). That’s all I do. If you want a bookkeeper, please go to the another ad or ask me for a referral to the one I refer my clients to.
My services include the following:
* Helping you pick the right Quicken or QuickBooks or other accounting and bookkeeping software program for your business, obtain it at a discount using my being an Intuit Solution Provider (in case you want to get additional licenses, upgrade, buy new software if your new computer won’t run your old software, or add payroll or credit card processing services), and converting company files from other software programs;
* Set-up your initial Chart of Accounts I (including mapping them to the most likely tax lines so you can do your own taxes);
* Setting up service, inventory, other charges like shipping or delivery, discounts, payments, and sales taxes (did you know that you have to charge local sales tax (there are over 300 in Washington State) based on where the product or services is delivered effective July 1, 2008 and how to import this information into QuickBooks) that this rate went up .5% on April 1, 2009 in certain cities and counties, and other items to use to create your invoices, estimates, or sales receipts, classes like different locations, and creating and adjusting Inventory;
* Job Costing and Estimates;
* Bank, Petty Cash, Credit Card, and other Account Reconciliation;
* Bank and Credit Card download and posting including matching up net CC payments;
* Showing you how to design your own customized Invoices, Estimates, and Sales Receipts including the proper way to receive and deposit payments;
* State B&O and Sales Taxes for the City & State (Monthly, Quarterly or Annually) including the proper way to pay them from within the program;
* Payroll Taxes (State Unemployment, Worker’s Comp, Federal Form 940 and 941/944) and the correct way to pay your payroll liabilities;
* Online Payroll through QuickBooks;
* Online payment for the above tax forms;
* Selecting which vendors must give you a W9 form and which fields in your chart of accounts qualify for a 1099 Form ;
* Set up and interface QuickBooks for On-line Banking for real-time knowledge or where you stand;
* QuickBooks Tutoring and Training one-on-one or for your staff;
* Filing and organizational advice to keep your financial and office files in shape;
* Year end reconciliations and analysis;
* Preparation of management financial reports including profit and loss, balance sheet, cash flow predictions, job costs, and employee productivity (latter requires a special set up);
* Help you obtain credit card processing for your business.
Like an old fashioned doctor, I come to your place. I am willing to travel throughout most of Western Washington.
My company is a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business and was nominated for a City of Seattle Mayor’s Small Business Award in 2009. I am a former securities Arbitrator and a current member of the QuickBooks ProAdvisor Program, the Intuit (the folks who make TurboTax, Quicken, and QuickBooks to name a few products) TurboTax, Quicken, and Accountant’s Inner Circle which advises the company on ways to improve their products (I identified a bug in the QuickBooks Pro 2008 program and suggested a way to fix it) and make them more consumer friendly (gasp!) and Biznik – the local effective social business networking group of over 17,250 local members and is free to join and post your no charge profile to promote your business.
I have taught “Ten Things You Need to Do to Set Up Your Start Up’s Books Correctly” at the Renton Almost Free Biz School and accounting and bookkeeping principles at the Six Hour Start Up Conference. I also was the subject of an article Spotlight on a QuickBooks Instructor: Teaching Small Businesses to Fish on the TeachStreet Blog. TeachStreet is a web site that brings together local teachers and inquiring students. I’ve also been asked to teach at Bellevue College and Seattle Central Community Colleges.
Because I come to you, I offer you three choices to use my services.
If you only need me to come in for an hour or two to check your books or do a basic set up or a quick training in a problem area for any version of QuickBooks or Quicken, I only cost $120 a hour with a one hour minimum.
If you want to save money, you can hire me for $295 for a consecutive three-hour session, a savings of $65 off my standard rate (I find that most people need that three hour block of time to begin to basically learn either the QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Online, or Mac programs or have their company file set up or checked) and $90 an hour thereafter on the same day so you can count dollars instead of sheep and learn how to fish (or make Tofu if you are a vegan) for yourself. If you need help with Point of Sale or Enterprise, my rate is a flat $120 an hour due to the complexity of the program or that the program require working with two or more Intuit products.
Or you can pay $1,195 plus mileage for one company file set up, review, and unlimited training as well as in person, e-mail, or telephone support for a year (that’s less than $100 a month) for one person in your company for QuickBooks Online, Mac, Pro or Premier only if you are not using the latter’s advanced functions (e.g., functions only found in the Premier version) and/or payroll.
Why deal with the hassle of fighting traffic and the cost of gas and your lost billable time to get to a class (assuming you can get into one in today’s economy), other people have the same idea), have the class go at the slowest person’s pace, have strangers find out about your business problems if you ask questions in class, and not deal with the issues you want to learn about or address when I will come to you? I may be willing to reduce my time requirement if you come to me with your laptop.
Payment is expected by check, cash, Google CheckOut, or PayPal, American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa plus 5% to cover the cost of the latter five credit card processing fees) at the time of service. I may be willing to barter. I have a City of Seattle business license and the company is registered with the State of Washington Department of Revenue and the Secretary of State (as a corporation.)
Please do not change the subject line if you click the above to send me an email.
Personalized One on One QuickBooks Training, Classes, Instruction, Courses, Seminars, Teaching, Coaching, Private Lessons, Help, Assistance, and Tutoring in Greater Seattle and Western Washington State to Get Your Finances in Order
QuickBooks (not Quick Books), Quicken, and QuickBooks ProAdvisor are registered trademarks and/or registered service marks of Intuit, Inc. Used with permission.
quickbooks, quick, books, quicken, help, support, classes, training, problems, Mac, Seattle