medical / health – jobs
ATS is seeking a professional with the knowledge, skills, abilities and experience to provide Behavioral Health assessments to our soldiers at the West Virginia National Guard.
The Psychologist will serve a vital role in supporting the WEST VIRGINIA NATIONAL GUARD mission in the context of pending large scale deployments, providing skills crucial to identifying Soldiers with behavioral health concerns and assisting in determining the disposition of these Soldiers. The objectives are three fold:
• The Psychologist will support in expeditiously clearing Soldiers who are fit and erroneously identified as having Behavioral Health (BH) issues.
• The Psychologist will help find and fix Soldiers with BH problems that threaten medical readiness and operational effectiveness.
• The Psychologist will accelerate the processing of Soldiers who are no longer fit for duty through appropriate medical and/or administrative separations.
Full Time position; 80 hrs. Vacation, 10 paid holidays, Health, Ins, Dental, Vision, Life Ins policy, Short and Long term Disability Ins, and 401K.
Due to the scope and demand of work, the contractor must commit to a 50 hour work week in order to dedicate the appropriate amount of time needed to accomplish the job. Variation from a traditional work schedule may be required in order to complete assigned tasks.
Dress code will be business casual.
Place of performance: West Virginia National Guard, Charleston WV
The Psychologist must be licensed to independently practice in the State of West Virginia within his/her respective discipline. Preference will be given to candidates who have the following qualifications:
• Strong connections and working relationships with the WV psychological and mental health community.
• Strong knowledge, training, experience in neuropsychological and psychological testing. Possess a PHD in an applied Psychology field.
• Experience conducting independent medical evaluations, disability determinations, and MRDP evaluations.
• Residents of West Virginia who are prepared to work in West Virginia and have the ability to travel frequently.
In order to successfully meet the performance objectives of this task order, the contracted employee should possess the following knowledge/skills:
• Ability to make accurate assessments of Soldiers’ mental status. This assessment may be conducted with limited available collateral information and with Soldiers who have a vested interest in appearing well. Thus, the Psychologist must be skilled enough to make sound clinical decisions in the context of diagnostic uncertainty.
• Confidence to make affirmative recommendations based on the results of evaluations. The Psychologist must be willing and able to act on the results of evaluations. This will require substantial interpersonal confidence and comfort in a role that may seem adversarial to some Soldiers.
• Ability to make referrals to and link Soldiers to appropriate resources.
• Contractor will be qualified in the ability to provide support services to Soldiers receiving treatment.
• Knowledge of different Microsoft applications for the purpose of creating and maintaining database(s) to support MEDCOM. Additional knowledge of computer software and hardware, including applications and programming, is expected.
• Ability to plan and organize work of considerable difficulty and responsibility under minimal supervision.
• Ability to participate in research and performance improvement studies.
• Must possess analytical skills, knowledge or arithmetic, algebra, statistics, and other applications.
• Demonstrated knowledge of data collection and verification is required, as well as the ability to prepare and provide timely and accurate summaries of information pertinent to the delivery of mental health care.
• Working knowledge of military lifestyle and issues that impact Soldiers and their families.
• Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with others; function under pressure such as time limitations or intense public interest.
• Contractor will either possess or acquire a Secret security clearance and pass all criteria necessary for employment. They will obtain a Common Access Card (CAC) for Local Access Network and for identification. Contractors will be required to visibly display their ID badges at all times.
• Contractor will coordinate the efforts of all personnel both contract, AGR and Technician within the Behavioral health team.
Specific duties include:
The following services are required to successfully deliver the objectives. Services are to be performed in accordance with the highest professional standards and the following requirements:
• Serves as subject matter expert to the WEST VIRGINIA NATIONAL GUARD on matters related to behavioral health, specifically serves as the principle advisor to the State Surgeon on psychological/behavioral health initiatives and issues.
• Assists the State Surgeon with assessment and tracking of joint force behavioral health needs.
• Serves as the main contact for all service member support programs with a behavioral health component including, but not limited to: Family Programs Office; Military Family Life Consultant; Crisis Intervention Team; Suicide Prevention; Prevention, Treatment, and Outreach Program; Office of the Chaplain; Director of Psychological Health; Transition Assistance Program.
• Reviews behavioral health documentation, evaluates and monitors the behavioral health status of service members. Assures accurate profiles are in place for service members with behavioral health difficulties.
• Provides consultation services to WEST VIRGINIA NATIONAL GUARD command personnel pertaining to behavioral health issues.
• Provide technical expertise to Medical NCO’s and Case Coordinators toward identifying, evaluating, resourcing, monitoring, and determining dispositions for service members with behavioral health difficulties.
• Serves as Point of Contact (POC) to behavioral health personnel at all organizational levels from brigade to unit to ensure clinical training and competency standards are met.
• Maintains knowledge of and proficiency with the array of external behavioral health resources available to WEST VIRGINIA NATIONAL GUARD service members.
• Reports to the State Surgeon and/or Deputy State Surgeon of the WEST VIRGINIA NATIONAL GUARD on a regular basis in regard to Behavioral Health Section activities and to monitor performance for such purposes as quality improvement.
• Keeps supervisors informed of all significant modifications in policies or practices.
• Maintains Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) standards and guidelines.
• Travels throughout the State of WV to offer clinical hours as based on need. Travel expense is expected to be $10,000 per year to include coverage of specific licensure and continuing education fees.
• Supervises designated members of the Behavioral Health Team.
Position Closes: Feb 28th, 2013
Job Code: Psy_WV_0104
Contact: Please send your cover letter, resume, salary requirements and two (2) references to Email: bkissick @a-teamsolutions.com or Fax: (866) 517-0564. Please reference job code: Psy_WV_0104. To learn more about A-Team Solutions, please visit http://www.a-teamsolutions.com.