$15 Billion Company… Leading company in Steel forging , located inHoustonTX.
Company is seeking a Steel Forge Process Metallurgist to specialize in Steel forging. This position will be responsible for all technical issues related to forging, heat treating, quality assurance, product development, and process improvement efforts related to Steel forging applications in addition to other alloy groups. Experience in Alloy Steel materials is required. Professional development and grown opportunities will accompany this position as well.
* Troubleshooting and problem solving utilizing a scientific approach and shop involvement at an intimate level.
* Developing, writing, instituting and executing manufacturing procedures for Forging and Heat Treatment.
* Develop recommendation for proprietary chemistries for various grades of steel to meet chemistry and mechanical properties required by various specifications.
* Close involvement with the Quality Assurance Departments and purchasing on material specifications/requirements.
* Witness and optimization of manufacturing processes for end results.
* Failure analysis and disposition of internally and externally rejected forging, including implementation of necessary corrective actions.
* Correspondence and interaction with customers as required.
* Research and development projects for process improvement and product development.
* Review and develop new procedures and controls for heat treating ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
* Use of Forge simulation software and SolidWorks software packages (prior experience with this software not required but a plus).
* Some travel as necessary.
REQUIREMENTS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
* At least Bachelor of Science Degree in Metallurgical Engineering or Material Science (Masters Degree preferred).
* At least 5 years experience in Steel Forging Applications. Experience with casting applications is a plus.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills.
* This position is intended to encompass all technical aspects and responsibilities associated with Steel forging applications. Knowledge of both ASTM and API material Specifications.
BENEFITS: Full Medical/Dental/Life/Vision/401K matching Pension Plan.
MUST BE in the target area , having at least a Bachelor of Science degree in Metallurgical engineering and Knowledge of both ASTM and API material Specifications. Please DO NOT send your resume if you do not have this required experience and skills level. . .. . .it will not be responded to, sorry!
Send your résumé now to; Brainpowerassociate@gmail.com, for earliest consideration. Interviews are being scheduled NOW and hiring this week! DON’T WAIT . . .contact me immediately!