6566 Sweetbriar Lane
DANIEL M. WALSH Cell Phone: 863-797-7185
Lakeland, FL 33813 Home Phone: 863-510-5442
Real World, Software International, IBM MAPICS, Great Plains Dynamics, Crystal Reports, QuickBooks Pro, Peachtree, Association Plus, Audit Trail Systems, Black Baud, MAS 90, Growth Power, PeopleSoft, Oracle GLDI, Hyperion, Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, Dezine and ADP Payroll.
•Cash Flow Management
•Month End Close
•Software Revenue Contract Management
•Internal and External Audits
•Team Building and Motivation
•Biotech – IPO – RepliGen Corp.
•Payroll – ADP, Paychecks,…
•Taxes – Federal, State and Payroll
•Billing (% Completion)
•Computer Software Conversions
•Non Profit – Fund Accounting
•Software Revenue Recognition •SOP 97-2, SOP 81-1 and VSOE
•Policies and Procedures per GAAP and SOX
• Coordinated the month end close process to insure that all journal entries were generated and posted.
• Analyzed balance sheet accounts and made correcting entries when needed.
• Improved the reconciliation process with the use of Pivot Tables in MS Excel.
• Produced Sales & Use Taxes, Personal Property Taxes and Payroll Taxes for multiple states.
• Completed SEC reporting for 10Q, 10K and 8K
• Designed daily bank reconciliations to monitor cash flow.
• Prepared monthly financial statements including variance analysis, ROI, RONA, etc.
• Enhanced the reporting functions and accuracy of the Dezine Software System, using pivot tables in Microsoft Excel.
• Managed the quarterly and annual audits.
• Presented quarterly financial results to the board of directors.
• Saved Viisage Technology $161,000 due to over depreciated assets.
• Saved Sprint PCS over $250,000 by reviewing their contracts with other parties and rectifying their previous billings.
• Handled all correspondence with vendors, customers, bankers, investors and external auditors.
• Initiated and was group leader, on the accounting side, for a project that transformed the American Diabetes Association from fifty state offices, fifty boards of directors, fifty different corporations, many different charts of accounts, many different software and hardware packages, to a unified and standardized company with thirteen regional offices around the country.
• Reduced the cost of the annual audit 50% by completing all audit schedules prior to the audit engagement for the American Diabetes Association, Florida Affiliate, Inc.
Salem State College
• Masters in Business Administration, Concentration in Finance
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Accounting