Evaluates and establishes plan of care and treats patients referred by a
healthcare provider for occupational therapy services. Assists in
orienting new caregivers to the department. Assesses daily and future needs of the department and addresses them. May assist in interviewing applicants for open positions within the department in accordance with established hiring policy. Caregiver must agree to adhere to all provisions and requirements of the Compliance Plan and Ethics Policy.
• Evaluates and treats therapy patients under a health care provider’s orders.
• Treats patient and supervises treatment plans needed to progress patient.
• Follow-up with referral source regarding patient’s treatment and progress.
• Assists with department Quality reports and/or records. Performs necessary documentation including: evaluations, progress notes, discharge notes, and billing in a timely manner according to department policy.
• Assists with orientation of new staff, volunteers, or students. Supervises treatment administered by OTAs and Rehab Technicians.
• Utilizes and maintains department equipment and requests department supplies as needed.
• Commitment to reducing costs and improving productivity within the department.
• Assists with drafting operating budgets for the department. Attends department meetings.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine
reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of
customers or caregivers. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with
a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited
standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions
furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must possess and
maintain current Iowa Occupational Therapy license. Attend required and
approved continuing education.
Education: Bachelor or Master or Doctorate of Science degree in Occupational Therapy or Bachelor of Science degree and university program certificate from an accredited school.
Training and Experience: One year of experience preferred.
Kindly submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not submit video resumes.
Occupational Therapist, OT, Licensed OT, Iowa.